The 2013 Reading Road Trip is hosted by Britta at I Like These Books and Hafsah at Icey BooksHi Y'all! Today's stop in the Reading Road Trip brings us to the wonderful state, and my home, Texas! Eeek!!! I love this big beautiful state so much, but of course, I might be a tad bit partial! hehe
Here are a few Cool Facts about the lone star state!
- The King Ranch in Texas is bigger than the state of Rhode Island
- Dr Pepper was invented in Waco texas in 1885 and is still produced here! Dublin Dr Pepper, still uses pure imperial cane sugar in its products.
- Texas includes 267,339 square miles, or 7.4% of the nation's total area.
- Brazoria County (where I live!) has more species of birds than any other comparable area in North America.
- Jalapeno pepper jelly originated in Lake Jackson (where I was born!) and was first marketed in 1978.
PronunciationNow, if you're gonna say things Texans say, you've got to be sure to get the pronunciation right. Here's the biggest tip I can give you. In Texas, the "g" in the suffix "ing" is silent. Thus, "fixing to" becomes "fixin' to." You get the idea!
Texas is home to some pretty fabulous YA Authors, here's a list of a few of my favorites:
- Mary Lindsey
- C.C. Hunter
- Sophie Jordan
I will be giving away an ARC of Reboot by Amy Tintera. This is a YA Dystopian that takes place in the Republic of Texas and I LOVE it!!! So I thought I'd share it with ya'll!!! Make sure to enter the rafflecopter and a winner will be chosen on Monday. Good luck and happy reading! :)