Ok, so quite some time back I signed up to participate in a Read-a-thon! Sounded fun at the time. And I am actually super excited about it! For personal reasons, my entire month has been, insane to say the least. And sadly I forgot all about the readathon that started...ummm 13 hrs ago. lol So I am just NOW checking my emails and realizing that it was TODAY! So...I am starting NOW! Better late than never right? You can read info about the awesome read-a-thon, rules, prizes (yes I said prizes!!!) , etc. HERE
So to start my Read-A-Thon my first book I am reading is Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon. I've heard so many great things about it and have been dying to read it! It has a totally gorgeous cover!!! I am currently on page 79 and loving it so far! If you are participating in the read-a-thon leave me a comment and let me know what books you've read, and what your reading now!
Mid- Event Survery!
1. What are you reading right now?
Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon
2. How many books have you read so far?
Still working on my first one! =/ I am ashasmed to admit that! I signed up for this quite a while back and totally forgot about it :(
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
hmm...If I can finish the first one *fingers crossed* I think I will be reading....Shatter Me! It needs to be read! lol
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
The sad thing is I actually had the entire day off! I totally forgot about this, and didn't get the email until just now! :( I have been reading throughout the day, just...not as dedicated as I would have been if I had realized it was the day of the READATHON!!! Ahhh!! I'm so behind!!!
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
hahahaha Yes!! I have had many! I didn't realize it was the readathon today. So this morning I went out in my ministry work. Then ran errands with my mom. And then cooked and went to a picnic at a friend's house, full of food, volley ball, and pictionary . lol I did read in between everything, which is good since I forgot I signed up to participate! lol
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
Umm...that it was today! lol SUPRISE! And that so many ppl are participating! And the prizes!! Oh my goodness!!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
YES!!! Can you pleeeease remind us more than just ONE time that its coming up! Pleeeease! I only got the ONE reminder, and don't check my email everyday so I didn't get it until today, when it was half way over. :( Otherwise I would've had my stack of books and a big pile of snacks all ready!
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?
Well hopefully there will be more shout outs, or reminds about it. And I will have a game plan! I'm hoping to get together with some other book lovin friends, or bloggers for the next one. All camp out at my house at 7 am! With goodies, sleeping bags, etc! Sounds awesome to me!
9. Are you getting tired yet?
I'm tired, but only because I've had a full day. Not from reading lol
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?Umm...don't forget to check your email! LOL